The Southern Region JTE committee has unveiled a new tool available to chapters for use in calculating, tracking, and reporting their JTE progress throughout the year.
The tool, an interactive Excel spreadsheet, calculates the measurable JTE objectives and automatically completes the JTE petition. Moreover, it guides chapters through creating goals, evaluating progress, and assessing the chapter’s year.
We hope chapters find these features useful in their completion of the Chapter JTE program. If you have any suggestions or if you discover any errors, we encourage you to contact us.
Download Chapter JTE Workbook (.xlsx)
One of the first items unveiled to section leadership at the Region Gathering was the preliminary Section Journey to Excellence program criteria. At present, the program is comprised of 12 items that are broken into four categories, as listed below. The program will officially kickoff on January 1, 2013. More information will be available soon.
- Conclave participation
- Council of Chiefs meetings
- Section conclave planning
- Region and national event support
- Lodge assistance visits
- Section communications
- Lodge JTE
- Charter renewal support
- National program of emphasis support
LEADERSHIP AND GOVERNANCE
- Leadership development
- Conclave report
The Southern Region is pleased to announce that Brian Glass has been selected to serve as its new staff adviser! We are excited to welcome Brian and his vast background in the Order of the Arrow to our region’s Key 3 leadership team.
Here are just some highlights of Brian’s Scouting career.
- entered Cub Scouting in 1974 while living just north of Nashville, Tennessee
- entered Boy Scouts as a member of Troop 118 after moving to Athens, Tennessee
- inducted into to the Order of the Arrow by the Pellissippi Lodge at Camp Buck Toms
- earned the rank of Eagle Scout
- served as Assistant Scoutmaster and Scoutmaster for Troop 445 in Arlington, Texas
- spent four summers at Philmont Scout Ranch in the Ranger Department
- served as Chapter Adviser, Associate Lodge Adviser and Lodge Adviser in Longhorn Council’s Nishkin Halupa A Pe Lachi Lodge
- served Longhorn Council as camp maintenance chairman for Sid Richardson Scout Ranch
- served on Woodbadge Staff
- volunteered his services as an architect to Longhorn Council on other various projects
- awarded the Silver Beaver
- joined the Engineering Service of the Boy Scouts of America in 2007
- served as the Architect of the 2010 National Scout Jamboree and supporting the High Adventure Bases
- currently he has projects at Philmont, Northern Tier, and the Florida Sea Base
- serves on the national staff as a member of the Outdoor Programs/Properties Department
It is evident that Brian brings with him a wealth of information and an incredible Scouting service record. We are very lucky to have him, and look forward to seeing him make his mark on the Great Southern Region.
On behalf of Order of the Arrow national committee, we are proud to make the 2013-2017 strategic plan, entitled Toward a Second Century of Service, available to you. As this plan will guide the Order’s time, energy and efforts for the next five years, we encourage all Arrowmen to read through the plan along with the cover letter by National Chairman Ray Capp.
Download the 2013-2017 OA Strategic Plan