Over the course of a three-day meeting in Dallas, key OA leaders from around the country gathered to plan out major events, programs, and projects that the Order will undertake over the next few years. Several highlights from the meeting were:
- “ArrowTour” is the name of the OA summer camp visitation program that will occur during the summer of 2015. Read More
- NOAC 2015 will cost $475 per person.
- New Brotherhood Ceremony approved; will be available by mid-2014.
- 6 lodges from the Southern Region received OA Service Grants. Read More
- Wesley Seaman, from Section SR-8, elected 2014 Southern Region Chief. Read More
- Taylor Bobrow, from Section SR-7A, elected 2014 National Vice Chief. Read More
- Nick Dannemiller, from Section W-1S, elected 2014 National Chief. Read More
For additional highlights from the meeting, please visit the National OA Website.
Since 1999, the National Order of the Arrow Committee has annually selected lodges from each Region to receive matching service grants. For 2014, 13 lodges in councils across the nation were chosen to receive a combined total of $40,000 dollars from 2014 OA Service Grant program.
The following six grants were awarded to lodges within the Southern Region:
- Talidandaganu Lodge, Cherokee Area Council (Chattanooga, Tennessee) will receive $2,450 dollars to create a Lodge Trail Crew at Skymont Scout Reservation.
- Wichita Lodge, Northwest Texas Council (Wichita Falls, Texas) will be awarded $4,000 dollars to develop a shooting clay area at Camp Perkins.
- Watonala Lodge, Pushmataha Area Council (Columbus, Mississippi) will receive $3,500 dollars to renovate a shower house and multipurpose building at Camp Seminole.
- O-Shot-Caw Lodge, South Florida Council (Miami Lakes, Florida) will receive $3,250 dollars to construct a new audio-visual system for Camp Elmore.
- Withlacoochee Lodge, South Georgia Council (Valdosta, Georgia) will receive $2,500 dollars to renovate the staff pavilion at Camp Osborn.
- Wahinkto Lodge, Texas Southwest Council (San Angelo, Texas) will be awarded $2,125 dollars to renovate the OA Lodge Building at Camp Sol Mayer.
We are happy to announce that Wesley Seaman of section SR-8 has been chosen to serve as your 2014 Southern Region chief! Please join us in congratulating Wesley on his election and wishing him the best of luck in his term.
Wes is a member of Ma-Nu Lodge in the Last Frontier Council. He is an Eagle Scout, Vigil Honor member, and a Founder’s Award Recipient. Recently, he has served as a section chief and as a lodge chief. He has attended NLS, OA Wilderness Voyage, and the 2012 NOAC. His hobbies include traveling, learning, and conservation.
Wes currently attends Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas, where he is majoring in public relations.
We are proud to announce that the 2014 national vice chief of the Order of the Arrow is Taylor Bobrow of the Southern Region! Please join us in congratulating Taylor on his election and wishing him the best of luck in his term.
Taylor is from Blue Heron Lodge, Tidewater Council #596.