The Southern Region is pleased to announce that Brian Glass has been selected to serve as its new staff adviser! We are excited to welcome Brian and his vast background in the Order of the Arrow to our region’s Key 3 leadership team.
Here are just some highlights of Brian’s Scouting career.
- entered Cub Scouting in 1974 while living just north of Nashville, Tennessee
- entered Boy Scouts as a member of Troop 118 after moving to Athens, Tennessee
- inducted into to the Order of the Arrow by the Pellissippi Lodge at Camp Buck Toms
- earned the rank of Eagle Scout
- served as Assistant Scoutmaster and Scoutmaster for Troop 445 in Arlington, Texas
- spent four summers at Philmont Scout Ranch in the Ranger Department
- served as Chapter Adviser, Associate Lodge Adviser and Lodge Adviser in Longhorn Council’s Nishkin Halupa A Pe Lachi Lodge
- served Longhorn Council as camp maintenance chairman for Sid Richardson Scout Ranch
- served on Woodbadge Staff
- volunteered his services as an architect to Longhorn Council on other various projects
- awarded the Silver Beaver
- joined the Engineering Service of the Boy Scouts of America in 2007
- served as the Architect of the 2010 National Scout Jamboree and supporting the High Adventure Bases
- currently he has projects at Philmont, Northern Tier, and the Florida Sea Base
- serves on the national staff as a member of the Outdoor Programs/Properties Department
It is evident that Brian brings with him a wealth of information and an incredible Scouting service record. We are very lucky to have him, and look forward to seeing him make his mark on the Great Southern Region.